PREPARING STUDENTS FOR A PROMISING FUTURE
“Being part of CSC helps me stay motivated. Every time I want to give up, Teresa [CSC Site Manager] says, ‘You got this.’”
~ Ethiopia Angaw, grade 12
Ethiopia Angaw is a high school senior who has been a part of Community Schools Collaboration since 3rd grade. Through CSC, she has participated in afterschool sports, arts, tutoring, choir, college readiness, multicultural clubs and more. “CSC opens you up to new experiences, helps you grow as a person, and learn things you didn’t know before,” she says. These experiences have prepared her for a bright future. Ethiopia will attend Seattle Pacific University starting in the fall of 2011, and hopes to one day open her own nonprofit.
Ethiopia is one of more than 2,000 students that benefit from CSC programs each year. CSC’s 2009-10 evaluation report, completed by MEM Consultants, reveals that we helped students in our 16 community school sites make important academic and developmental gains:
- 72% of students improved in class participation.
- 92% of students reported that CSC helped them to complete their homework.
- 90% of students reported that CSC helped them to improve their grades.
- 90% of high school students are very sure they will finish high school, 80% are very sure they will enroll in college, and 75% are very sure they will finish college.
- 90% of seniors served by CSC last year graduated on time, and 65% are now enrolled in college.
To download a copy of the 2011-2012 report, please click here.
To download a copy of the 2009-2010 report, please click here.
To learn more about CSC’s impact on students, please watch our video, “Brighter Futures,” by clicking .