- WHO WE ARE
- WHAT WE DO
- LEARN MORE
- GET INVOLVED
- NEWS + MEDIA
- What is Community Schools Collaboration?
- What is the mission of CSC?
- What is a community school?
- What programs does CSC offer?
- Which schools participate in CSC programming?
- How do I get my student involved with CSC?
- What is the cost for my student to get involved?
- How do I donate to CSC?
- How do I get involved as a volunteer at CSC?
- How do I get information on employment opportunities at CSC?
- How is CSC funded?
1. What is Community Schools Collaboration? [top]
Community Schools Collaboration was first established as a public/private partnership in Tukwila, WA in 1998 with the vision of providing a safe place afterschool for students to receive academic support and enrichment. Our success in improving graduation rates and school attendance, and decreasing mobility rates and high school drop-outs led to demand for our programs in the neighboring Highline School District.
Today, CSC coordinates resources and provides direct services at 20 community schools in the Tukwila and Highline School Districts of South King County, WA.
2. What is the mission of CSC? [top]
Community Schools Collaboration exists to provide children and youth with opportunities to succeed in school, to develop high aspirations, and to create a better world.
3. What is a community school? [top]
A community school is a place for learning that is supported by a set of partnerships between the school and the community. In a community school, an integrated focus on academics and family support, health and social services, and youth and community development leads to improved student learning, stronger families and healthier communities. Please click here to learn more about community schools.
4. What programs does CSC offer? [top]
CSC offers programs such as expanded learning, academic support, enrichment activities, health services, transition planning, and family engagement. For more about CSC programs, please click here.
5. Which schools participate in CSC programming? [top]
CSC proudly serves the students of Tukwila and Highline school districts. To see a complete list of CSC's community schools, please click here.
6. How do I get my student involved with CSC? [top]
There are several ways to get involved with CSC. Most programs require you to complete a registration form. Referrals may also be made by teachers. For more information, please contact the Site Manager of the school your child attends.
7. What is the cost for my student to get involved? [top]
8. How do I donate to CSC? [top]
Donations to CSC can be made online through JustGive.org. Donations can also be mailed to our office in SeaTac. All donations made are 100% tax deductable. For more information on donating, please contact Amy Allison.
9. How do I get involved as a volunteer at CSC? [top]
CSC offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for students, parents, educators, and community members. For more information on volunteering for CSC, please contact Jenny Iverson.
10. How do I get information on employment opportunities at CSC? [top]
11. How is CSC funded? [top]
CSC receives funding from individuals, corporations, foundations, school districts, cities and private organizations to provide programming for the children, youth and families of South King County. For a list of CSC supporters, please click here.